Helping to make the end of life as meaningful as the rest.
We will come to your home, review medical records, perform a physical exam, assess the quality of life, assess your home environment, and help your family to formulate a plan for care. We provide detailed instructions and a summary of all we discuss and a plan for follow-up and monitoring. We will be there to help make sure these precious days with your pet are the best they can be, adjusting our care and plan as conditions change.
What is involved in hospice care?
- New patients (must) schedule a virtual (online) QOL visit prior to scheduling their first in-home hospice visit. All virtual consults are $156.
- All in-home care with our doctor is $156 per hour plus travel fee.
- Our doctor, certified in hospice and palliative care, will come to your home and perform a comprehensive physical exam to assess your pet’s condition and quality of life.
- The first month of medical management and adjustments to the treatment plan as needed, then we can decide if a follow-up in person, over zoom, email, or phone is needed to reassess your pet’s condition and provide ongoing medical management and adjustments.
- Prescribing and dispensing of medications that may improve quality of life and a comfort kit for use in a crisis (medications are an additional cost).
- Communication by email, text, or phone as needed during our call times (8 am to 8 pm) seven days a week.
- Communication with your regular veterinarian and any other veterinarians involved in treatment or care to ensure integrated, cooperative care for your family and pet.
- Follow-up visits may be needed and are an additional charge, but we will make every effort to come to your home within 12 hours of a request for a follow-up visit.